Gift Aid FAQ

Did you know?
Gift Aid makes your kind donations to A'ishah Mavis Foundation worth 25% more, without costing you an extra penny! Below is everything you need to know.

You’ll need to complete a Gift Aid declaration. All that is required for this is your full name, contact details, address and confirmation that you are a UK taxpayer. When you make a donation online or by phone you’ll be asked if you want to Gift Aid your donation. If you’ve forgotten to Gift Aid your donation or you’ve sent it to us by post you can still sign up to Gift Aid by completing our online form here.

You’ll qualify for Gift Aid if you meet the following criteria:

You are a UK taxpayer
You pay enough tax*
*You pay Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax equal to the amount of Gift Aid claimed on your donations in that tax year, otherwise it is your responsibility to pay the difference.

Even if you’re not employed you are still eligible if you’re paying tax on the following:

Personal or occupational pension
Stocks and shares
Bank and building society saving accounts
Rental income
Overseas and UK investments dividends
NB: Council Tax and VAT will not qualify as income tax.

Yes, provided your individual donation or sponsorship is a gift and you’re a UK taxpayer. However please note certain donations are not eligible for Gift Aid. According to HMRC if your donation falls into any of the following categories Gift Aid should not be claimed:

Donations made on behalf of someone or a group of people e.g. if you collect money from family, friends or colleagues and make a bulk donation. Even if everyone is a UK taxpayer the donation is not eligible, as to qualify for Gift Aid everyone must submit their own Gift Aid declaration

Donations made in receipt of something e.g. a raffle ticket

Donations made on behalf of a company. Gift Aid can only be claimed against an individual’s tax status, not a company’s

No, as long as you are a UK taxpayer and you have paid enough basic rate income tax to cover the amount of Gift Aid we can claim, adding Gift Aid to your donation won’t cost you a penny extra. Please be advised that if you have paid insufficient tax to meet the Gift Aid claimed by the charity, HMRC may seek to recover this sum from you directly, as it is your responsibility to pay the difference.

Please email to let us know if your taxpayer status has changed or if you wish to cancel your declaration.

If you’ve changed your name or moved house you can update your contact information and preferences here.

Yes, you can declare Gift Aid for more than one charity. However you must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax which is at least equal to the combined amount of Gift Aid that the charities are claiming.

If your Income Tax and / or Capital Gains Tax is not equal to the amount of Gift Aid claimed on your donations in that tax year, it is your responsibility to pay the difference.

If you pay tax on a private pension plan or savings account or Capital Gains Tax on the sale of property or shares then you are still eligible to sign up to Gift Aid.